We are looking for a Graduate with a strong understanding of networks, TCP/IP, Ethernet, packet data and a love of networking to be trained as Network Systems Test Engineer for a company who develop high speed network storage equipment. The Computer Networking Graduate will work alongside QA, Hardware and Software Engineers in an Agile environment to help develop the most advanced NAS products on the planet.
We are looking for degree qualified engineers with good A levels (CCC or above) and skills in the following:
• An excellent knowledge of TCP/IP internals /packets /networks, client server operations
• Scripting or basic experience in software development (Python or C/C++ ideal).
• Strong skills in at least one of Unix, Linux or Windows networking
Any experience in the following will help your application - technical knowledge of RAID, iSCSI, Gigabit Ethernet, file systems SMB/NFS/CIFS, VoIP, Video conferencing, experience in a test engineer role, Python.
** Unfortunately we are only able to consider UK or EU candidates with for this particular role **
Position: Graduate Network Systems Test Engineer
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Benefits: Stock options, 25 days holiday, Pension (5% rising to 7%), Medical Life and Health insurance.
Key Skills: Unix / Linux / Windows Networking, strong TCP/IP networks, scripting or programming.
Desirable skills: Python, RAID, iSCSI, Cisco, Embedded Software, Gigabit Ethernet, SMB/NFS/CIFS, experience in a test engineer role.
You must possess and demonstrate all of the following attributes:
• A good technical skills balance with a strong quality ethic
• The ability to quickly grasp technical problems and their implications then take appropriate action
• Good analytical and observation skills, matched with an ability to cope with change
• Must be personally highly motivated.