Graduate Software Engineer /Computer Scientist
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Software - LinuxSoftware - DSP|
|Salary||£27000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: extensive - see ad|
- A number of Graduate Software Engineers are required to work for one of the UK’s leading design consultancies developing embedded, PC, mobile and signal processing software for a wide range of wireless systems and industrial products.
The company have recently won an award for being an outstanding employer to work for due to a very long list of attributes that make them stand out from the crowd. As well as the usual corporate benefits package and performance related bonus schemes employees benefit from a very active social club that has created a “family feel” to the company, Free lunches, Structured career development plans that allow staff to thrive within both technical disciplines and leadership roles, A very large budget for employee training and perhaps most importantly there is an incredible amount of variety in technical work for engineers – this is something that every engineer craves and in turn the company have a very low turnover of staff.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- An excellent first degree or PhD in engineering, computer science, mathematics or related discipline
- Proven strong mathematical skills and interest in applying mathematics to solve problems
- Imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and to develop solutions for interesting and complex problems
- Strong C or C++ programming and software engineering skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
In addition, any experience of the following will also be beneficial:
- Experience of Linux programming, scripting and administration
- Experience of programming in C++, C#,
- Experience of programming in Assembly Language and MATLAB
- Experience in DSP algorithm development
- Experience working with embedded hardware and tool chains
- Understanding of communications theory, Control theory, electronics
Benefits: Profit share scheme, Pension, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Free canteen (lunch and refreshments), 25 days holiday, Relocation assistance, Flexible working hours.