Embedded Software Engineer – Client Facing
|Location||Burton upon Trent|
|Sector||Software - Embedded|
|Salary||£30000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days, pension, healthcar|
- Multiple Embedded Software Engineer vacancies within a consultancy designing bespoke systems across a wide range of industrial sectors. Suitable Embedded Software Engineers should be able to apply creative design skills to large, small and complex tasks in a consultancy environment where typical projects could range from the design of prototypes through to large scale control systems in the most heavily regulated industries.
The Embedded Software Engineer will work in multi-disciplinary teams across the company to rapidly expand these services in a range of business sectors. Candidates should demonstrate transferable skills and an interest in a consultancy style of working. You will have contact with clients throughout a project, typically defining work scope, holding technical meetings, preparing and delivering presentations, attending design reviews and producing technical reports.
Embedded Software Engineer Requirements:
- Due to the highly complex nature of the work the company are looking for an outstanding academic background which will include a degree and mostly A grade A levels.
- Some projects are for defence organisations so applicants must be eligible to obtain security clearance.
- Real Time embedded C or C++
- Technical leadership on projects
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Safety critical software development
- Control system design
- Software modelling e.g. UML, SCADE
- Software verification and validation
- Industry Software safety standards, methodologies and application
- Requirements analysis and traceability e.g. using DOORS
- Model-Based Design or Systems Engineering
- Hardware and software integration
- Control system theory
- Modelling and simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB/Simulink
- V&V using automated test tools e.g. VectorCAST
- Static analysis
- Formal methods
- Serial protocols
- Algorithm development
- Functional safety
- Configuration management
- Project management
- Software assurance
- Preparation of bids and proposals
Benefits: 25 days, Holiday sale/purchase scheme, pension, Targeted professional development, Life assurance, Private healthcare, Bonus, Paid membership fees to a professional institution, Support in attaining professional membership, Share purchase scheme, Flexible hours, Season rail ticket loan