Test and Validation Engineer
|Sector||Manufacturing - Test|
|Salary||£30000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits|
- Test and Validation Engineer
This position combines a strong hands on hi-tech testing background with the ability to devise and design validation strategies for new product developments, within a company who pride themselves on investing into R&D making sure they stay at the forefront of technology in their specialist field. The product range is complex and interesting made up of a mix of electronics, software and mechanical principles for products that are being used in various industries from aerospace to education and sports stadiums! The Test and Validation position is currently covered by various internal team members and due to growth and a need to stay ahead of the game this position will need a dedicated engineer to implement and drive test and validation strategies long term in line with the NPD process. Other responsibilities will include:
- Testing and validating activities during product development but also performing periodic testing of products whilst in production.
- Devise and perform Design Validation of new product development.
- Identify ways to automate all validation testing as much as possible.
- Constantly search for improvement opportunities to testing within the company. Devising test plans and methods to cover all tests required by certification.
- Apply automated tests to competitor tests to competitor products.
- Perform tests and record results writing up summaries and communicating results internally.
- Work closely with the product Approvals Manager and Quality manager to devise test plans for all products.
For this role you will need:
- A strong background in hands on testing on complex hi-tech products with an excellent understanding of validation processes.
- The ability to identify and make improvements to test processes, automating where possible.
- A practical engineer with experience of building test fixtures.
- Proficient with LabVIEW or Teststand or other software packages that enable control and automation of test equipment.