Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||MechanicalMechanical - Mechanical Design|
|Salary||£40000 - £60000 per annum|
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£40k – 60k – depending on experience.
Are you seeking a rare opportunity to work for an industry leader in the field of Aerospace?
On offer is a position for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for an internationalhigh-technologygroup with an outstanding reputation.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will be proposing original concept solutions to design challenges and leading the design activities on projects, providing design deliverables on time for the project and supervising more junior staff when required.
Responsibilities as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer…….
- To lead the Design engineering activities on R and T projects from the concept stage through development and qualification test and into technology readiness.
- To carry out design calculations such as interference fits, thermal growths, hoop and tensile stresses, thread loadings and tolerance analysis to support concept and detail designs.
- To liaise closely with other project team members such as stress, manufacturing, sourcing and configuration with respect to new designs or design changes.
- To agree monthly milestone targets to support project needs and timescales. Monitor progress and ensure satisfactory milestone compliance.
The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will require….
- A strong mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Design experience (experience in rotating equipment, shaft, bearings seals an advantage)
- Working knowledge of electrical machines.
- Experienced state of the art 3D CAD software.
This high tech company pride themselves on looking after their employers and are rated highly as a global innovator.
If you are a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer looking to take their career to the next level apply now.