Scientific Software Developer
|Sector||Software - Windows|
|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
- A company developing ultra-high resolution microscopes which are able to track single particles is expanding their team and is looking for a Scientific Software Developer coding in C++. These microscopes, pushing the boundaries of image resolution, are capable of viewing particles of 200 Nanometres or higher. The desktop application is written in C++, using QT for the GUI, OpenGL for the graphical rendering and CUDA for GPU acceleration. The software this company has developed is able to analyse the results immediately with complete accuracy.
The Scientific Software Developer would be working with the application that renders and views the images to implement more features and increase efficiency. The Scientific Software Developer will also be required to give feedback on other team member’s code as well as identifying and resolve bugs. The work environment provides lots of room for growth and flexibility, with the potential to transfer into different types of development in the future.
- Demonstrable experience using C++
- Participation in projects in the scientific sector (commercial or research)
- Contribution to an existing code base (in a commercial or open sourced projects)
- Experience working in team software development (Commercial, open source, hackathons)
- Graphics rendering through conventional APIs (OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan)
- Familiarity with GPU computing libraries such as CUDA or Open GL
- Experience with firmware i.e. an Arduino
- Experience working with GUI frameworks i.e. Qt, MFC or Winforms
Position: Scientific Software Developer
Apply: Kristian AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com