|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
- Manufacturing Engineer
There are currently openings available for both permanent and contract candidates.
Working as a Manufacturing Engineer you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Engineering Manager, working on a diverse range of complex electro-mechanical products which are used in a variety of different fields. You will take responsibility for the manufacture, assembly and test aspects on multiple projects. Other responsibilities will include:
- To plan and coordinate new product introductions working closely with various members of the project teams to ensure products meet customer delivery deadlines.
- To play a key role in the design review process considering the design impact on products and equipment maintainability throughout the lifecycle.
- To work closely with management on the development of a robust supply chain process.
- To drive continuous improvement in production using lean techniques.
- To develop manufacturing methods, processes, tooling, assembly methods, quality control and safety standards to efficiently deliver manufactured items to cost and time targets.
- Plan and coordinate production tooling, test and capital equipment.
- To create manufacturing plans on allocated projects.
- Create assembly instructions and work instructions to ensure uniform, repeatable practices are followed by production.
- Supporting production in the resolution of non-conformances.
- Conduct process FMEAs and 8D projects.
Manufacturing Engineer Requirements:
- HND or formal engineering qualification in a relevant engineering field (Mechanical/Electronics)
- Experience of working in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Proven background of implementing continuous improvement initiatives. Ideally with six sigma qualifications.
- Proven success in improving production processes.
- Knowledge of low volume, cellular and line flow productions would be advantageous.
- Candidates for this role will be required to gain security clearance.
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: £30-35k or hourly rate dependant on experience