|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£32000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits|
- Applications Engineer
Royston- with international travel
Although the role is titled “Applications Engineer” the position is diverse and will combine a mix of Project Management, product specification, configuration, costing and performance validation working with complex low volume high value automated machinery mainly used within the food industry. The company like bright enthusiastic candidates who will have strong engineering foundations with the ability to work closely with customers and internal engineering teams in a customer facing role. Responsibilities with the role will include:
- Project management of custom installations at customer’s sites.
- Conduct technical reviews of bid specifications and then work with internal teams on design requirements.
- Provide in-field technical support and assistance for installations.
- Develop and manage the creation and release of application specific electrical and mechanical systems and software to support specific customer applications.
- Work closely with customers and internal teams to provide custom solutions and quotations for proposals.
- Provide a strong link between the field service teams and the application team.
- Performance testing and validation control of software/hardware systems.
For the role you will need:
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and electronic systems used in machinery. Experience of working in the hi-tech food and packaging industry would be desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of product testing (EMC, software validation etc).
- Strong customer facing skills with the ability to work closely with customers and internal teams.
- A creative nature with meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible in regards to international travel.