Mechanical Design Engineer
|Sector||Mechanical - Mechanical Design|
|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
- Mechanical Design Engineer
Working for an expanding division of a company who design and manufacture hi-tech complex precision engineering products you will play a key role in the development of current and future products and systems. The role is diverse and covers a range of tasks from the design of complex optical assemblies to product integration.
Other responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Taking overall responsibility for mechanical designs for new product development and continuous improvements of advanced optics products.
- Working on all aspects of mechanical system designs including the integration of optical, thermal and electronic system requirements from concept to manufacture.
- Producing concept designs using 3D CAD through to detailed design and drawings.
For this role you will need:
- Experience of working as a Mechanical Design Engineer in a hi-tech precision engineering environment.
- 3D CAD experience preferably SolidWorks.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Any exposure to optics or laser related products would be beneficial.