Linux Software Engineer * 3 (Networking)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Software - Linux|
|Salary||£35000 - £55000 per annum|
- 3 vacancies for Linux Software Engineers to work on advanced features of a new networking product. In particular the Software Engineer will be developing code in C, C++ and Python on Linux, focusing mainly on networking code and background daemons. The role will also involve some Linux system administration. The company are very engineering focused, they employ lots of bright engineers you can bounce ideas off, technical excellence defines your standing in the group.
Linux Software Engineer essential skills:
- Degree in a computer science/electronics or similar subject
- Software development in C or C++ and Python
- Linux installation and maintenance (Centos & Redhat ideal)
- Networking, knowledge of communications protocols
- Experience debugging and fixing embedded code
- Atlassian toolset (BitBucket/Git, JIRA, Bamboo)
- Experience of debugging and maintaining code written by others
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands
- Experience with optimising code: finding bottlenecks and fixing them
- Embedded systems
Position: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: South Cambridge
Benefits: Flexible hours (core hours 10-4), 25 days holiday, pension, health and medical insurance, subsidised sports
Key Skills: C, Python, Linux
Desirable skills: C++, Atlassian, TCP/IP, Embedded
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com
If you don’t fit this requirement exactly but are degree qualified with significant experience in at least one programming language feel free to e-mail a CV as you may be suitable for other Linux software engineer positions we are recruiting for. I specialise in recruiting software engineers for electronics and technology companies throughout the UK.