This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Salary||£30000 - £36000 per annum|
- Technical Author
A Technical Author is required for writing, producing, and maintaining equipment documentation for a rapidly expanding high tech engineering company.
Some responsibility’s as a Technical Author will include…
- Writing user and technical manuals for high value complex equipment including mechanical, electrical, electronic and software attributes.
- Work closely with the new product development team to understand forthcoming new features and functions.
- Work closely with and assist the training department to ensure wording, phrasing and instructions are aligned with training materials.
- Manage process to ensure correct documentation is provided for each machine prior to shipping.
Technical Author qualifications and experiencerequirements…
- 3 years technical authoring experience.
- Qualified to degree or HND level in a technical discipline, ideally with further educational qualifications in authoring.
- Outstanding written English skills (spelling & grammar).
- Experience of software controlled systems/machinery would be of benefit.
- Some mechanical hands-on skills are also desirable.
The Role may require very occasional travel within the UK and overseas.