This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Manufacturing - Quality|
|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
- Quality Engineer
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the quality management system is maintained throughout the site and is fit for purpose across all functions. The Quality Department provides independent assurance of the engineering solutions supplied primarily to the Defence and Aerospace industries.
The Quality Engineer is Accountable for ensuring that…
- The Quality Management System is deployed within their area of responsibility.
- Staff are aware of the requirements for implementation of the Quality Management System and are operating to it.
- Concerns are raised in relevant reports.
- Cross-site support is provided to other sites.
- Internal audits are conducted in accordance with the audit plan.
- Inspection of incoming goods is performed.
- Issuing of products under Certificate of Conformity.
The main duties of the Quality Engineer will be…
- Promoting Quality awareness in the business, delivering bespoke training as required.
- Conducting audits, including supplier audits, as part of the business’s internal audit plan.
- Conduct inspection of incoming material and parts as directed to ensure conformance to drgs and specifications.
- Provide support to projects in Interpretation of Quality Plans.
- Proactively addressing customer quality issues and concerns.
Experience and Knowledge required…
- Knowledge of Quality Standards, ISO 9001, (ideally 2015), or AS9100, TS 16949.
- Experience of QA from defence, aerospace, automotive, nuclear, or similar sectors.
- Demonstrable experience of applying Quality practices and standards to system design.
- Experience of working with project or manufacturing based teams.
- HNC/Relevant Degree / Diploma in Quality / Engineering or equivalent Quality qualification/experience.
- Audit qualification or experience
For this role you must be able to obtain Security Clearance!!