Junior Technician – Assembly/Test/Repair
|Salary||£17000 - £20000 per annum, Benefits: On the job training|
- Junior Technician – Assembly/Test/Repair
A Test Technician is required to join a global leading manufacturing company to work on a prestigious product line.
Candidates should be able to work to a high standard, follow instructions, work precisely, and have good hands on skills. The successful applicant will also receive on the job training.
This role would suit someone with experience or an interest in Model or Kit Building, Mechanics, Electronics or Technology.
Main Tasks and responsibilities
- To carry out mechanical assembly, wiring, testing and packing of high technology products within the company’s standards, procedures and specifications.
- Assess content of kits.
- Repairing field returns.
- Logically analysing and solving problems.
- Background in at least one of the following: Mechanical, wiring and/or PCB sub-assemblies – Assembly, Test and Repair.
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths/English/Technology or 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good rework skills both surface mount and through hole is desirable.
- An interest in Technology, Electronics would be an advantage.
- Basic PC Application knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel/Google Sheets.
- Manufacturing and/or MPR knowledge would be an advantage.