|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
- Manufacturing Technician
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and flexible Manufacturing Technician to join the Production team of this small but expanding company. The successful candidate will take responsibility for a range of production support activities for our complex products, with scope to move to a Manufacturing Engineer role.
This is a challenging role offering opportunity to work on a wide range of manufacturing support activities, and would suit someone looking to broaden their experience.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Typically to include, though not limited to the following:
- Provide support for day to day manufacturing operations.
- Produce and maintain manufacturing documentation.
- Using our PLM software to maintain product build standard, and resolve issues.
- Provide ad-hoc support to engineering and sales staff with materials/manufacturing.
- Supply chain management and development (quality/suppliers etc.).
- Assist with improvements to our in-house production facilities as needed.
- Manage new process/products into suppliers when needed.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- The ability to multi-task, and work well under time pressure.
- A willingness to learn.
- Flexible in approach, and ability to deal with changing requirements.
- Basic computer skills & ability to generate technical reports.
- Awareness of common manufacturing processes
Advantageous skills and knowledge:
- Familiarity with technical documentation (drawings, specifications)
- Awareness of common manufacturing processes, particularly printed circuit board and electrical sub-assembly
- Awareness of a range of other manufacturing processes such as injection-moulding, sand and die-casting, sheet metal fabrication, precision machining.
- Knowledge of workmanship and process standards IPC etc. within a Quality Management System.
- A qualification in an engineering related discipline.