Senior Product Quality and Reliability Engineer
|Sector||Manufacturing - Quality|
|Salary||£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits|
- Senior Product Quality and Reliability Engineer
To be based in Rugby or Southampton.
Taking ownership of all Product Quality and Reliability improvements within a multi-site operation this position will give you the freedom to help shape and develop processes for a product range that will play a vital role in development for years to come. The company design and manufacture hi-tech scientific electronic products which can be used in a multitude of different industries with lean manufacturing principles deployed at the heart of all manufacturing initiatives. Some responsibilities with the role include:
- Taking responsibility for all quality and reliability improvements across both sites.
- Drive effectiveness of product quality and reliability process working on detailed investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Produce detailed customer reports and presentations as required.
- Provide input into NPI reviews.
- Take responsibility for investigation removing priority conflicts with production and R&D.
- Ensure all quality control processes are in place and inspections are undertaken across the supply chain and hardware engineering.
- Review the approval documentation and drawings relating to project requirements.
For this role you will need:
- A strong background of working in Quality and Reliability engineering with a strong appreciation of electronic products.
- Communication is key in this role and you will need the ability to liaise and influence at all levels.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant technical discipline.
- A creative approach to problem solving with the ability to work closely with cross functional teams.
- The ability to coach and mentor others in quality improvement techniques.
Candidates can live in either Rugby or Southampton. The position will require travel between the 2 sites on a regular basis.