|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£28000 - £31000 per annum|
- CNC Machinist
This role will be for a fixed term of 18 months to support an increase in orders. There is a possibility the role may be extended.
We are currently seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to join a leading division of a well-known brand to assist in the production of small batch and one off prototypes for a range of optical instrumentation and industrial measurement products. Playing a key role within a multi-disciplinary machine shop you will be responsible CNC mill operation, manual milling and turning. Other responsibilities will include;
- Working closely with R&D to produce one off parts and prototypes in order to taking initial concepts to a realistic product and aid with the DfM process.
- Operate a Cincinnati Arrow CNC mill to produce steel vacuum and aluminium components.
- Manual milling and turning to produce prototype parts.
- Use of manual tools for appropriate finishing.
- Make and maintain custom tooling as required.
- Occasionally operate a CNC Lathe according to business needs.
CNC Machinist Requirements:
- Toolmaking apprenticeship or advanced apprenticeship in mechanical engineering and manufacturing principles or similar machinist experience.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or SolidWorks as an advantage.
- Knowledge of CAM software as an advantage.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
Position: CNC Machinist