Mechanical Design Engineer
|Sector||Mechanical - Mechanical Design|
|Salary||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
- Mechanical Design Engineer
Working for an established yet expanding organisation you will join a multi-disciplinary team responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of all production equipment as well as improving existing process. As a renowned player in the optical engineering sector, the company will offer on the job training and excellent progression opportunities as well as the chance to get involved in the development of complex manufacturing equipment.
You will be based at a newly built, state of the art manufacturing facility in Southampton but may occasionally be required to travel to a second site in the Midlands.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer your day to day responsibilities will include;
- Design of manufacturing fixtures and special purpose production machinery.
- Support new processes by introduction appropriate process equipment, ensuring correct operation as well as compliance with H&S.
- Service and enhance current production equipment to ensure continued efficacy.
- Support continuous improvement projects for legacy products.
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- A formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience producing 3D CAD designs, ideally in SolidWorks
- Basic workshop experience
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer