Software Test Engineer : Take Ownership
|Sector||SoftwareSoftware - Test|
|Salary||£40000 - £55000 per annum|
- Opportunity for an experienced software test engineer to take ownership of testing within a Scrum team of 7 software engineers. Testers are held in very high regard at this company and the position offers the opportunity to define a new test regime and the freedom to innovate, experiment and make a massive contribution to the products.
You will be the only software test engineer within this team but not in the company. They employ c100 staff and have an internal testers “guild” you can liaise and share ideas with. The product incorporates wireless communications, cameras and artificial intelligence running 3 types of code – Embedded C on Linux, Python and Java. We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer who has previously tested software on a hardware device.
The software engineers in the team conduct their own unit testing so this role will be mainly focused on integration testing (using automation as much as possible).
Software Test Engineer essential requirements:
- Commercial manual and automated software testing experience
- Testing software in a device
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Scripting with Bash, Python or similar
- Ability to work independently
Software Test Engineer desirable skills:
- Embedded Linux
- C or Java
- Cameras, computer vision, machine learning, video analytics
- Atlassian toolset (BitBucket, JIRA, Bamboo)
The company offer flexible working hours (core 10-4) + 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance, private medical, life assurance.
If you don’t fit this requirement exactly but are degree qualified with significant experience in at least one programming language feel free to e-mail a CV as you may be suitable for other positions we are recruiting for. I specialise in recruiting software engineers for electronics and technology companies throughout the UK.