Embedded Software Engineers – infinite holiday!
|Sector||Software - Embedded|
|Salary||£40000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: unlimited holiday days|
- Central London start-up, currently 18 staff, looking for 2 embedded software engineers with 2+ years’ experience to work on the next generation of their IoT based products. The company are very chilled, software engineers can make a difference from day one without needing to read lots of red tape/documentation and they also offer unlimited holiday days!
One of the embedded software engineers will work on core embedded code full time, the other will spend 50% of their time developing a test automation framework from scratch (probably in Python). The product incorporates machine learning techniques through various sensors including motion, humidity, temperature, carbon, air quality etc all feeding data to the cloud for analysis.
This is a low level coding role, the embedded software engineer will work with ARM based processors and FreeRTOS so ideally you will have worked within a bare metal or RTOS environment. Due to the highly challenging nature of the work, they are looking for embedded software engineers with a good academic background,
Embedded Software Engineer essential skills:
- Commercial embedded C
- Bare metal or RTOS experience
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or similar
Embedded Software Engineer desirable skills:
- Automated Test framework development
- Low level interfaces – UART, SPI, I2C, GPIO
- Wireless interfaces Z-Wave, Bluetooth, Zigbee
- Board bring up
- Device drivers
- Jira, Git, Confluence