CNC Machinist – Machine shop team leader
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
- CNC Machinist – Machine shop team leader
An expanding hi-tech company with a global reputation for quality are looking for a CNC Machinist – Machine shop team leader to join their site in Hertfordshire. You will lead a small team of engineers in day to day activities and managing work load while also providing a hands on aspect and supporting the product range working with CNC setting and operating, manual mill operation and manual turning.
Every stage of the product life cycle is completed in house so you will work closely with other departments to achieve product quality and improve processes. The Machine shop department within the company is small but this position gives an opportunity to introduce new ideas to the department and also be a vital part in different aspects of the business.
Responsibilities as a Machine shop team leader.
As team leader you will be responsible for the management and ongoing mentoring of a small team, manage the work load and keep an inventory of material stock. As a machinist you will be responsible for…
- Operating CNC mill and CNC lathes to produce prototype aluminium and steel vacuum components in small batches.
- Manual milling and turning to produce prototype parts.
- Skilled use of manual tools to finish components as required.
- Develop and maintain the department, both equipment and training workforce with expectations to improve current processes.
- Building existing products and working with engineering to provide input to new developments and existing products.
- Working in a small multi-disciplined team, responsible for the day to day running of the Machine Shop section.
- Using the MRP to system to ensuring stock is well maintained and accurately booked to jobs.
Toolmaking apprenticeship or advanced apprenticeship in mechanical engineering and manufacturing principles or similar engineering machinist apprenticeship desirable.
- Aptitude to manage daily activities.
- Experienced CNC machinist.
- Programming using CADCAM.
- Machining methods.
- Reading engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of OneCNC or SolidWorks an advantage.
- Knowledge of CAM software an advantage.