|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£18 - £22 per hour|
- Engineering buyer
6 Month Contract
We are looking for an Engineering buyer to join an expanding hi-tech manufacturing organisation in Royston. In this diverse role you will source, negotiate and continuously improve the supply chain that deliver key equipment in a timely, cost effective, high quality manner in line with business quality and cost targets. Other responsibilities will include:
- Manage key suppliers taking consideration for the capacity and capabilities of key suppliers, monitoring quality and cost performance and negotiating and delivering continuous improvement terms in contracts.
- Communicating with internal customers and engineers on various engineering requirements.
- Receive Bills of Materials and carry out system checks on materials and services to be supplied to projects.
- To process shipping requirements.
- To do everything necessary to ensure that procurement delays do not impact on project timescales.
- The ability to read engineering drawings.
- Experience of working as a buyer in a manufacturing or engineering related environment.
- Ideally CIPs qualified or in the process of working towards it.
- An effective communicator with a good understanding of techniques that drive Quality/cost improvements.