Mechanical Design Engineer (Conveyors)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Mechanical - Mechanical Design|
|Salary||£38000 - £45000 per annum|
- Mechanical Design Engineer
Working as a Mechanical Design Engineer on a multitude of new projects you will join a company who are the world leaders in a thriving and specialised market. Their dominance as well as a high demand has led to them winning multiple new business opportunities working with a range of clients across the world.
Working in a team made up of design and project engineers you will work closely to deliverer innovative solutions on a range of bespoke hi-tech automated electro-mechanical machinery. You will get the chance to explore new technology as the company pride themselves on being able to offer a tailored solution to customer enquiries.
Looking at the customers’ requirements you will make modifications to new and existing technology which can range from simple modifications to complete re-design of products that require specialist customisation. These projects require innovative and technical thinking and can often run for several months working closely with other cross functional teams of engineers.
The company are forward thinking and constantly looking to stay ahead of their competitors by delivering new and innovative technology to their customers. They have ambitious growth plans in place which has led them to building a brand-new state of the art facility which they will be moving into in the near future. They have a culture of developing staff internally to achieve their full potential with a real culture of promoting internally and training engineers to move into more senior roles as the company continue to expand.
They are looking for a competent design engineer with hands on knowledge of 3D CAD systems, design for manufacture and experience in analysis (FEA) to help drive projects forward. Some of your day to day responsibilities will include; using AutoDesk Inventor to produce designs and subsequently drawings for manufacture, undertaking mechanical design calculations as well as material and equipment specification.
- Resolve design related manufacturing issues with the in-house manufacturing team and sub-contractors.
- Review customer provided tender documentation and asses the compliance of the company’s products.
- Undertake mechanical design calculations
- Design of systems based on design-function relationships.
- To undertake mechanical design calculations that validate the chosen design concepts
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- Experience of working on the design of electro-mechanical machinery. Ideally with an appreciation of pneumatics systems, conveyors or precision mechanical assemblies.
- A formal mechanical engineering qualification with at least 3 years industry experience.
- A creative approach with exposure to New Product Development from concept through to production.
- Hands on experience of a 3D CAD system.