Industrial 3D Printing Engineer/Graduate Engineer
|Salary||£25000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits|
- Industrial 3D Printing Engineer/Graduate Engineer
This unique role will give you the chance to work with the worlds most advanced industrial 3D printing solutions working alongside the creator of High-Speed Sintering Technology. Based out of an expanding research facility in Nottingham you will work on the analysis and development of future technology which has the potential to revolutionise the way companies look to use 3D printing in volume manufacturing.
Formed in 2016 the company have already acquired a facility based in Copenhagen which has accelerated their development and later in 2018 partnered up with a world leading backer of 3D printing technology. Despite these major changes they have managed to retain a culture of innovation within a small but expanding workforce, where each individual has a major impact on the future of the company.
The role itself will evolve over time and will combine a mix of practical lab-based work and theory, focussing initially on assessing how the products perform, and then analysing trends and data to make sure that all results are consistent.
Future potential within the High Speed Sintering market is huge and partnerships have already been formed from leveraging relationships with manufacturing organisations in a multitude of different industries ranging from aerospace to medical.
Other day to day responsibilities will be..
- Testing new processes, technologies and materials for industrial 3D printing applications.
- Using CAD software (Solidworks) and 3D printing (Magics) software to complete a diverse range of manufacturing projects.
- Work in collaboration with cross functional teams to define future trends and development areas with customers.
For the role we are looking for…
- A strong degree in a relevant engineering (mechanical or manufacturing) or Scientific related field.
- The key is to find a strong interest or practical industry experience of working on the development of 3D printing technology and ideally with Polymer Powder Bed Fusion based 3D Printing (e.g. Laser Sintering, Multi-Jet Fusion/High Speed Sintering).
- Practical product verification and validation and exposure to tools such as DOE, DFMEA and test plans would be advantageous.