Software Test Engineer
|Sector||Software - Test|
|Salary||30,000 to 50,000|
- Being part of a cutting-edge company, the Test Engineer will solve complex issues at the heart of the ‘Internet of Things’, smart homes, connected health and wearables. As a Test Engineer, working in an agile scrum environment, you will deliver precision solutions for clients, to make a real difference to people.
Working with a team of test engineers, across several disciplines such as front-end developers, user experience and service designers, mathematicians, software and DevOps engineers you will evolve the test procedures using the latest technologies. Having a good relevant degree and familiarity with one or more programming or scripting language is essential.
As well as working on exciting projects the company offers many benefits. A free canteen, vibrant social life, plus a great focus on employee development, be it in a technical or business/leadership avenue.
- Understand when and how to use a broad range of testing techniques and approaches.
- Competency in automating software tests at a unit, component or Graphical User Interface level
- Familiarity with one or more programming and scripting languages
- Experience performing exploratory testing
- Ability to investigate issues at a code level through reading, executing and writing code
- A clear grasp of the principles of security and performance testing
- Ability to use testing skills to analyse requirements as well as software
- The requirements for testing scalable, distributed cloud-based software
- NodeJS, Golang, Python, Java
- The fundamentals of NoSQL, Relational and Graph Databases
- Networking technologies including IPv6, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS
- The DevOps movement and Agile methodologies
Benefits include healthcare, 25 days holiday, profit share scheme, free shuttle bus from the nearby station, relocation assistance,