Embedded Software Engineer
|Sector||Software - Embedded|
|Salary||30,000 to 50,000|
We are looking for a senior embedded software engineer to develop low level software for a variety of wireless applications taking a lead role in the delivery of embedded systems. The ideal embedded software engineer will have experience of designing ground-breaking products at the heart of the ‘internet of things’.
Working for a very employee focused company with a charismatic social scene, free canteen and shuttle bus to the local train station, there is a big focus on individual progression, technically or in business development.
Liaising with clients to specify the requirements then developing architecture, detailed implementation and test procedures, you will be working in technologies such as machine vision, low power RF, control and embedded security.
ESSENTIAL for the embedded software engineer
- An excellent degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience developing embedded C or C++
- Ability to explain and defend design and approach, and present technical issues clearly to clients and internal teams
DESIRABLE for the embedded software engineer
- Experience working with other software disciplines (e.g. algorithms, server, or design/UX teams)
- Experience of interface definition languages
- Implementation of low power RF protocols
- Implementation of low power tracking and positioning or machine vision and machine learning algorithms on embedded devices
- Experience in control analysis for embedded system