Junior Embedded Linux Software Engineer
|Sector||Software - Embedded|
|Salary||10% pension, medical, 26 days holiday|
- Brand new role for a junior Embedded Software Engineer who has a desire to focus on Linux development and eventually (or immediately if you have the knowledge) become THE Linux “go to” person in the business. The company are building for the future and want to push forward their Linux operations to the next level and have closer links with the open source community. As well as using it in their products, they also use Linux for testing and produce an SDK for their customers. The focus of this particular role is around development of Linux board support packages, so someone with low level experience is required.
The company have around 85 team members in R&D (12 in Software) and have a constant stream of new development projects to work on. Financial benefits are attractive, they include a 10% pension, private medical, 26 days holiday, Income protection, Life Assurance and additional flexible benefits package.
Junior Embedded Linux Software Engineer essential requirements
• Desire to specialise in Linux
• Embedded C on RTOS
• Kernel/Driver level experience
Junior Embedded Linux Software Engineer desirable skills
• Linux community involvement (ideally pushing stuff back into the kernel)
• Board Support Packages
• Bootloaders, U-boot
• Hardware bring up, porting
• Other commercial RTOS
• Root file systems
• Built-in test, health monitoring
Position: Junior Embedded Software Engineer
Benefits: 10% pension, private medical, 26 days holiday, Income protection, Life Assurance and additional flexible benefits package.
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com
If you don’t fit this requirement exactly but are degree qualified with significant experience in at least one programming language feel free to e-mail a CV as you may be suitable for other software engineer positions we are recruiting for. I specialise in recruiting software engineers for electronics and technology companies throughout the UK.