Manufacturing Process Engineer (Lean,CI)
|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
Working out of a state-of-the-art design and manufacturing facility you will play a key role in the transfer on new products from development to manufacture. Driving continuous improvement across manufacturing you will develop processes to ensure reliability and long-term sustainability.
Working with a range of cross functional engineers and scientists you will be involved with highly technical niche products. Because of this you will regularly meet with R&D to ensure design for manufacture and design for test are built into the NPI process.
As everything is done on site you will be able to work across the entire lifecycle of products helping to instil an attitude of continuous improvement across the site.
The company have a strong reputation within their industry with a track record of internal promotion which is the reason this position has been created.
For this role we are looking for a proven background in lean manufacturing working ideally with hi-tech products. An important asset would be the ability to look beyond current processes and then introduce new ideas and processes to benefit the company.
- Project Managing Operations and Manufacturing Engineering Projects including NPI.
- Provide support to Production Lines
- Work closely with the engineering and operations departments to ensure the quality and manufacturability of design meets requirements
- Be a leader of change; defining, developing and implementing improvement projects to meet agreed manufacturing objectives.
- Make use of Engineering Change procedures, Test & Defects Analysis data, PDCA processes and SPC principles.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong Lean Manufacturing and problem-solving background.
• Strong Project Management skills demonstrable through experience
• Ability to work across all departments within the business
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering support role, including taking a leading role in process management.