Manufacturing Engineer (electro-mechanical)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
- Manufacturing Engineer (electro-mechanical)
Working with a complex range of technical products this role will join a small but expanding team taking ownership of a wide range of manufacturing projects. The company are of a size where you can make a real difference without some of the red tape that is associated with larger organisations so you can see ideas turn into reality quickly.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an engineer who has the technical ability to be able to work with design and development engineers and hold their own in design reviews, with the experience to then transition this into manufacturing.
The company design and manufacture a wide range of lab equipment used in drug discovery and drug development so a hugely rewarding and stable field! The role has a strong hands-on mechanical focus working closely with a wide mix of cross functional engineers and scientists.
You will take ownership of the NPI process whilst ensuring engineering issues are resolved efficiently helping to achieve customer delivery milestones. Communication is key as you will also work with suppliers to improve quality and process whilst working closely with the development team to resolve any potential issues.
For this role we are looking for a proven manufacturing background ideally working with hi-tech low volume machinery. A mechanical engineering background is also important with the ability to use 3D CAD systems combined with experience of creating BOM’s.
Your main responsibilities:
• Ensuring engineering issues are resolved to achieve customer delivery targets
• Working with suppliers to improve quality, process and cost control
• Liaising with our Development team to resolve product technical issues
• Ensuring the smooth transfer of new products into Production using established NPI process
• Implementation of good manufacturing methods and practices
• Taking responsibility for the quality and continuous improvement of our products
The company can offer an excellent platform for progression within the business with a benefits package which includes private medical insurance, profit share scheme and a very competitive pension plan.