Test Support Engineer (Electronics)
|Salary||£30000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive -Shift premium|
- Test Support Engineer
Working on a mix of optical and electronic technology you will join an expanding R&D department providing support across the production line working closely with Design and process engineering teams. You will work on a wide range of products supporting development of new components and modules for next generation optical systems.
The role has lots of variety and you will be providing support to operations to ensure test equipment is available to meet production schedules. Much of this support is ‘hands on’ and will be in a cleanroom environment
Production is 24/7, therefore shift work will be required (rotating or continental shifts)
The role will be the ideal fit for an enthusiastic engineer who is keen to learn with a hi-tech background, ideally you will come from an electronics background have experience in a cleanroom manufacturing environment and have an understanding of automation/robotics.
As the company grow, they can offer great progression routes for ambitious engineers who want to make a real difference within a hugely successful business.
Responsibilities will include,
- provide support/maintenance of the automated test solutions.
- Commissioning and maintaining automated test equipment for optoelectronics components
- Improving and maintaining existing test infrastructure
- Identify opportunities to maximize test capacity
- Analog and digital electronics.
- Ability to interpret electronic circuit diagrams.
- Experience in basic software debugging (stop/start/repeat failing code blocks).
- Able to write detailed and informative error reports.
- Knowledge of automated testing in a manufacturing environment.