Customer Support Engineer (Networking)
|Sector||Electronics - Digital|
|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
- Customer Support Engineer (Networking)
This is a very diverse position where you will be working with state-of-the-art technology becoming a product specialist as well as getting involved on the commercial side and liaising with an international client base. Ideally you will have an engineering degree in an area such as electronics, Physics, Maths, computer science, electrical or communications engineering?
You will be working heavily with new products in a low volume high value market, and due to the complexity of the new products having good networking, IP, WIFI, GSM Bluetooth knowledge and some experience in at least one programming language then we would be very keen to speak to you.
This company develops scientific, safety critical instrumentation that uses a range of technologies including communications, software, networking and fibre optics and is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join their growing team. The role will be very diverse and will even have some travel going out to customer sites across the world to discuss bespoke projects.
You will be liaising daily to solve difficult issues with customers, engineers, and the sales team etc. the right candidate will need to have a strong technical background as well as the ability to communicate to customers and be commercially astute. Full product training will be provided to become technically proficient in understanding the company’s complex products.
The company also offers great career opportunities due to the range of technical knowledge they will become specialised in as well as offering development opportunities such as progressing into areas such as sales engineering.
- Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Good background of maths and physics
- Problem solving mind-set
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of digital and analogue electronics
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering
- Practical knowledge of electrical troubleshooting methods and equipment
- Basic knowledge of networking, electronics and control theory
- Familiarity with sampling theory and cybernetics (control theory)
- Knowledge of networking (IP / WiFi / GSM / serial)
- Knowledge of programming in at least one language
- Ability to work on own initiative in order to develop the team
- Experience of providing support externally to international client base
- Interest in Earth Science
- Good understanding of technical English
- Knowledge in mechanics and Linux basic commands
- Practical hobbies and personal interests will likely reflect a practical nature
- Multilingual capability could be beneficial.