Application Technical Support Engineer, iOS, Android, Web
|Sector||Software - Test|
|Salary||£25000 - £35000 per annum|
- Your role will be to solve 2nd line tickets from customers operating the company’s software on iOS, Android and Web Applications that connect to complex, wireless communication devices.
This is an interesting and challenging technical support engineer role, with the potential for ambitious candidates to move into other areas of the business such as coding, databases or electronics. Most customers are law enforcement or government agencies and are spread through the US, Europe and beyond. You will work as part of the team that are the interface between 1st line support and engineering.
The role offers lots of variety, interesting technical challenges, training on external advanced courses and the opportunity to become an expert in exciting technologies.
Technical Support Engineer essential requirements
- Diagnosing Software application issues
- Web applications and mobile apps (iOS and/or Android)
- Strong general computing skills
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- 2+ years technical support experience
- Happy working with data (excel expertise is a good sign)
Technical Support Engineer desirable skills
- MySQL, MongoDB
- BI reports
- Hardware fault finding, e.g. PC, Mobile phone etc
- Scripting or Software Test experience
- Embedded software, interacting with Software or firmware teams
- Web development
- Wireless tech such as GSM, GPS, Bluetooth