Embedded Software /Firmware Engineer, Greenfield project
|Sector||Software - Embedded|
|Salary||£40-50k + great benefits|
- Bags of control, autonomy and responsibility for an embedded software engineer, kicking things off with architecture selection for a brand-new system. It may be PC based, SBC (Arduino, Raspberry Pi) or custom electronics – that’s up to you, next you will be responsible for writing low level firmware to communicate with other hardware devices and ultimately report and represent relevant information to a web API. You’ll have the support of a team of 9 engineers and will later be involved in some very interesting IoT challenges to solve.
The requirements for this brand-new embedded software engineer can be summed up in 3 parts:
1) Ability to choose a suitable architecture for the project
2) Ability to understand schematics
3) Ability to write firmware and software to drive low level communications
It’s a private, equity back company with a strong focus on company culture and making work fun. They are growing, are currently having custom offices renovated and have acquired two competitors in recent years.
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday increasing to 30
- £25 a month towards a gym membership
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work
Embedded Software /Firmware Engineer essential requirements
- Firmware/Embedded C
- Electronics understanding
- Low level protocols/busses: I2C, UART, SPI, USB
- Understanding of real time operating systems.
Position: Firmware Engineer/Embedded software engineer
Salary: £40-50k + bonus and benefits
Key Skills: C, Firmware
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com
If you don’t fit this requirement exactly but are degree qualified with significant experience in at least one programming language feel free to e-mail a CV as you may be suitable for other software engineer positions we are recruiting for. I specialise in recruiting software engineers for electronics and technology companies throughout the UK.