|Sector||Manufacturing - Quality|
|Salary||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
- Quality Manager
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager to join a company that provides engineering products and solutions primarily to the defence and aerospace domain.
As the Quality Manager you will report to the business quality manager and play a key role to ensure that the Quality Management System (QMS) is implemented throughout the site.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring…
- Risks associated with the implementation of the QMS are regularly assessed and reported.
- Liaison with the Engineering team occurs, to ensure that all Quality requirements are met within projects and products.
- Liaison with Materials, Production and safety occurs, to ensure all products meet the design intent.
- Local processes and procedures are determined, and periodically reviewed, to ensure that they continue to meet the Quality policy.
- Appropriate reporting mechanisms are used in reporting issues to the business and customers as required.
- Maintenance, oversight and implementation of the QMS policies and procedures.
- Supporting the Business Quality Manager in implementation of the BMS Transition Project.
- Act as the site focal point for provision of Quality advice to projects and manufacturing, throughout the project / manufacturing life cycles.
- Support the maintenance of the QMS 3rd party approval at the GF site.
- Planning, managing and hosting internal, supplier, customer and 3rd party audits.
- Reviewing of internal and external Quality documents for content and suitability, and advising affected staff appropriately.
- Assessment of suitability of contracted support within area of responsibility.
- Provision of Quality systems advice to both the business and supply chain.
- Proactively address customer quality issues and concerns.
- Determining and reporting of relevant KPIs.
- Promoting Quality awareness in the business, providing bespoke training as required.
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- Knowledge of the relevant Quality standards / legislation for electronics systems design.
- Knowledge of Quality Standards, ISO 9001, (ideally 2015), or AS9100, TS 16949.
- Experience of QA from defence, aerospace, automotive, nuclear, or similar sectors.
- Experience of assessing and inputting to electronic system design to meet legislative and contractual Quality standards.
- Experience of team management.
- Full driving licence.
- Security clearance to SC.
Supervisory responsibility: Line manager for 2 quality engineers and 2 quality inspectors.