Imaging Research and Software Engineering
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Software - DSP|
|Salary||£28000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: share options|
- Well-funded scientific start-up hiring 4 Video or Image processing software engineers with strong C++ and Matlab skills. The company have patented a niche technology (applicable in many sectors) that they are starting to licence to partner organisations, guaranteed to reach mass market status. The position offers exceptional opportunities for growth and experience in a novel and technologically advanced area and the chance to work with scientific researchers, senior project owners and world-renowned professors as well engaging with large associate organisations. In addition, it offers the chance to own shares in a company that has a clear path to financial success. The company strongly encourage innovation and have weekly innovation sessions internally and with external research teams.
In an ideal world they would like engineers who can develop new concepts and extend the signal processing algorithms using Matlab (as part of the Science team) and also implement them in C++ (as part of the Core team) but as the company evolves engineers are likely to move into one team or the other. They also have an opportunity for an engineer with embedded and hardware knowledge to drive platform research.
Research Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of core C++ applications and algorithms
- Development and maintenance of web-based applications (in line with experience)
- Developing client facing documentation (API and SDK specifications and user guides)
- Software testing
- Contributing to writing and maintaining technical specifications, test plans, release and support documentation
- Code review
We would like to hear from Software Engineers with proven C++ skills, the ability to talk to customers and Graduate or higher level mathematics (including statistical and numerical methods)
Any of the following skills will be beneficial to your application -
- Defect tracking tools.
- Video streaming formats and files.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Image Processing skills
- C++11, STL and Boost.
- Computer vision and image toolkit libraries (e.g. OpenCV)
- Multi-platform targeting of code (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android and Windows mobile)
- MatLab, Octave, R
- GPU programming
- Database programming (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle or similar)
- Working in a research environment
- Experience of Face and Body Tracking software
- Machine Learning
- Embedded development, SoC, FPGA, Embedded Linux
- Camera or hardware interfacing experience
- Medical devices
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com
If you don’t fit this requirement exactly but are degree qualified with significant experience in at least one programming language feel free to e-mail a CV as you may be suitable for other positions we are recruiting for. I specialise in recruiting software engineers for electronics and technology companies throughout the UK.