Graduate Embedded Software Engineer
|Sector||Software - Embedded|
- A world-class organisation with over 50 years’ experience of creating innovative products in a wide range of industries is seeking graduates to work as a Graduate Embedded Software Engineer.
The Graduate Embedded Software Engineer would be working as part of the medical technology team, creating software for drug delivery systems, clinical diagnostics and surgical devices. Previous projects range from developing cutting edge solutions for diabetes management to diagnostic testing using smartphones.
Responsibilities for this role include, creating high quality code to specifications; testing the code, performing code reviews and quality assurance; design documentation according to medical regulations; carrying out projects within the timescale and budget. The candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects at once and will be given the opportunity to take on further responsibilities as experience increases.
Graduate Embedded Software Engineer required skills:
· A good degree (2:1 or first class) in a relevant subject i.e. Electronics Engineering or Computer Science
· Excellent knowledge of C or C++
· Knowledge of microcontrollers or embedded microprocessors
· Understand of electronics and interfacing microcontrollers with various sensors and actuators
· Experience programming with Windows, Linux, iOS or Android
· Knowledge of any other programming or scripting languages
· Relevant work experience or participation of a year in industry
· A background in system modelling using UML or SysML or OO design techniques
· Knowledge of control theory, digital signal processing or computer vision
25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
Excellent salary based on merit and reviewed annually and a bonus scheme
Subsidized meals in onsite canteen
Private medical insurance
The position is located in Cambridge