This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£25 - £30 per hour|
- Product Engineer
This is a contract posistion, intially 3-6 months with the possibility of extension.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious Product Engineer to join a hi-tech engineering company. You will primarily be responsible for investigating any production disruptions and ensuring the appropriate corrective action is in place. Working within a lean manufacturing organisation, you will also be responsible for driving continuous process improvement as well as providing “lean” training to direct reports. Other responsibilities will include:
- Complete reports and KPIs in support of continual improvement activities.
- Lead technical discussions during introduction of new products and processes from R&D.
- Support the manufacturing operations team to help ensure that production and test processes operate effectively and are the most cost effective and efficient.
Product Engine Requirements:
- Experience with either optical fibre manufacturing and/or associated processes including analogue and digital control electronics.
- Ability to gather and analyse data related to the design and manufacturing capability.
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Opto-electronics)
- Strong interpersonal skills (Ability to motivate a small team)
- SQL query writing experience.
- Experience in SPC Monitoring.
Position: Product Engineer
Salary: Circa £35k/pa