Optical Design Engineer
|Sector||Mechanical - Mechanical Design|
|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
- Optical Design Engineer
We are currently seeking an experienced Optical Design Engineer to join multinational leader in their field. You will work within a small team who are responsible for the design, prototyping and testing of a range of both stock and bespoke optic solutions.
As an Optical Design Engineer you will be responsible for discussing and agreeing technical requirements with customers for bespoke solutions before generating 3D part geometries using CAD and using optical design software to determine key characteristics of new optical designs.
As well as hands on optical design, you will also lead cross functional teams to help resolve any quality or performance issues that may arise with customer solutions, and will look to investigate new design methods and techniques to strengthen knowledge of optical design and prevent any reoccurrences of issues.
Optical Design Engineer Requirements:
- A qualification in a physics or engineering related discipline with optical content.
- Previous experience in Optical Design with experience using Zemax or LightTools.
- Knowledge of the lighting market, including industry standards and specifications.
- An understanding of injection-moulding.
- Excellent communication skills.
Position: Optical Design Engineer