Senior Test Engineer
|Sector||Manufacturing - Test|
|Salary||£25000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits and Bonu|
- Senior Test Engineer
Working on the development of complex electromechanical products you will join an organisation who pride themselves on diversity and staying ahead of their competitors within a constantly evolving market. Working as a Senior Technician your primary focus will be for electromechanical development and assembly of bespoke equipment solutions working in collaboration with other groups in mechanical, electronics and test operations. Other responsibilities with the role will include:
- Hands on assembly, fabrication and commissioning for in-house builds including electronics, electrical panels, mechanical parts, cables and control systems.
- Defining equipment requirements and design concepts.
- Design of simple electronic interfaces, wiring diagrams, schematics and PCB layouts for new R&D test equipment. This includes analogue and digital electronics microcontrollers and PLC development.
- Assist in problem solving, maintenance and root cause analysis of current and future test equipment solutions.
- Play a key role in developing new approaches to test and development in line with continuous improvement activities.
For this role you will need:
- Ideally a HNC or a formal qualification in electronic engineering.
- A strong electronics testing background working with complex electronic products.
- Experience of soldering, wiring and electronics instrumentation.
- The ability to design appropriate electrical interfaces for test equipment.
- The ability to work with cross functional engineering teams.