Technical Lead- Rotating Machinery
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Salary||£40000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits|
- Technical Lead- Rotating Machinery
As a result of a drive in new technology and winning of a number of major projects we are looking for a Technical Lead Engineer to take ownership of a product line which focusses on the design and development of complex rotating machinery. The organisation are a global leader in the aviation market who pride themselves on being at the heart of strategy and the forefront of research in their area. Working in a purpose built design and manufacturing facility you will be responsible for achieving both economic and technical performance objectives during the entire product life cycle.
As part of a continued expansion plan and also the need to continuously recruit the best technical minds they will look at a range of different experience levels form hands on design engineers with experience of working on rotating machinery all the way to experienced managers who can manage large scale projects within this niche field.
Some of the day to day responsibilities for the Technical Lead role will include:
- Being the technical authority on the product line and being the first point of call regarding any issues either during development or after the launch of the products.
- Working with multiple engineering teams to propose future product roadmaps as well as maintaining the existing ones.
- Influence the product profitability and provide input on budget identification.
- Work closely with production to develop a strategy on industrialisation of current and future designs.
- Extensive experience in working on the design of rotating machinery ideally within an aerospace environment.
- A degree in a related technical field.
- Familiarity with the principles of design to cost, design for manufacture and design for assembly.