|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
- Continuous Improvement Engineer
We are looking for a candidate who can take responsibility for driving continuous improvement initiatives at a state of the art manufacturing facility in Buckinghamshire. The company design, develop and manufacture products for the aerospace industry and this will give you a unique opportunity to implement key continuous improvement changes across the business.
Ideally you will have a Six Sigma Black Belt and experience in a similar environment, this is a key role and you will need to identify new projects that will help drive forward operational performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinate and develop processes to create a continuous improvement environment using Lean Production methodology’s.
- Develop, implement and measure the factory 5S system.
- Mentor shop floor teams and support green belts engineers on their projects on the lean sigma approach.
- Co-ordinate Kaizen events.
- Develop preliminary layout of the manufacturing and assembly lines in line with process engineering.
- Verify the accuracy of BOM’s.
- Experience of driving continuous improvement initiatives at a hi-tech manufacturing facility.
- Six sigma Black Belt
- Ideally educated to degree level in a technically based subject
- Any exposure to the aerospace industry would be desirable.
- Lean production trained.
- 5S management.