Machine Shop Operative
|Sector||Manufacturing - Manufacturing|
|Salary||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
- Machine Shop Operative
An expanding hi-tech company with a global reputation for quality are looking for a CNC Machinist to join their site in Hertfordshire. In this vital role you will join a close nit small team and be given great support and mentoring, you will be working in a small machine shop and play a part in supporting the whole product range while liaising closely with other departments. All Manufacturing is carried out in house so you will work with the products for the whole life cycle.
You will be required to operate and maintain the equipment and monitor product quality and help improve production processes. You will be operating and setting CNC Lathes and milling machines and have an understanding of MRP systems and programming languages (FANUC, ProtoTRAK and G-Code)
- Implement machining strategies and action plans.
- Create existing products and working with engineering to provide input to new developments and existing products.
- Operate and maintain the equipment, with particular focus on operating Manual-CNC Lathe.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings to determine dimensions and tolerances of the finished work piece allowing for plating thicknesses.
- Work in co-operation with other Manufacturing teams to ensure the product is of the quality and standards expected.
- Knowledge of CAM software;
- The ability to read and interpret 3D CAD drawings.
- Experience with the use of machine tools.
- CNC Lathe and Milling Machine Setting & Operating
- Understanding of programming languages FANUC, ProtoTRAK, G-Code
- Understanding of using material requirements planning (MRP) systems to control and monitor inventory.
- Manual milling and turning to produce prototype parts. (desirable)