Mathematical Software Engineer
|Area||Derbyshire, EnglandStaffordshire, EnglandSurrey, England|
|Sector||SoftwareSoftware - WindowsSoftware - LinuxSoftware - Tools|
|Salary||£30000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: extensive - see ad|
- We are looking for Mathematical Software Engineers and Modellers to join a team working on the development of analysis software for engineering problems in a variety of markets (typically Transport, Energy and Defence). The key selling points of this job are the challenging nature of the work (heavy physics or mathematical focus) and the variety of problems to solve.
This is a customer facing role; in addition to technical analysis, modelling and software development, you will also be required to meet with customers to gather requirements, discuss solutions, specify research required and communicate information to other stakeholders.
As some work may be Defence related, applicants must be British and due to the highly technical nature of the work a history of high academic achievement is essential – mostly A grade A levels followed by an Engineering, Maths, Physics or similar degree and/or MSc /PhD.
Skills should include post-graduate research or development experience in mathematical/physics based topics relevant to engineering, e.g
- Modelling of dynamical systems
- Operational modelling and/or operational research
- Machine learning or autonomous systems
- Systems optimisation
- Software engineering with at least one of Matlab, R, Python, Java/JavaFX, C#/WPF/UWP, C++
Position: Mathematical Software Engineer
Location: Dorking, Surrey or Derby
Key Skills: Maths, Modelling, Physics, Matlab/Simulink, Matlab, R, Python, Java/JavaFX, C#/WPF/UWP, C++
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com