Embedded Linux Software Engineer
|Sector||Software - Embedded|
|Salary||£40000 - £55000 per annum|
- Brand new role for an Embedded Linux Software Engineer to be THE Linux “go to” person in the business. The company are building for the future and want to push forward their Linux operations to the next level. As well as using it in their products, they also use Linux for testing and produce an SDK for their customers. The main focus of this role is around development of Linux board support packages so someone with relevant driver and kernel level experience is required.
The company have around 85 team members in R&D (12 in Software + Electronics, Mechanical QA, etc) and have a constant stream of new development projects to work on. Financial benefits are attractive, they include a 10% pension, private medical, 26 days holiday, Income protection, Life Assurance and additional flexible benefits package.
Embedded Linux Software Engineer essential requirements
- Live, breathe and eat Linux
- Embedded C
- Linux kernel and Drivers
- Linux community involvement (ideally pushing stuff back into the kernel)
- Board Support Packages
- Bootloaders, U-boot
- Hardware bring up, porting
- Other commercial RTOS
- Root file systems
- Built-in test, health monitoring
Position: Embedded Software Engineer
Benefits: 10% pension, private medical, 26 days holiday, Income protection, Life Assurance and additional flexible benefits package.
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com
If you don’t fit this requirement exactly but are degree qualified with significant experience in at least one programming language feel free to e-mail a CV as you may be suitable for other software engineer positions we are recruiting for. I specialise in recruiting software engineers for electronics and technology companies throughout the UK.