Materials Development Engineer- 3D Printing
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Manufacturing - Scientific|
|Salary||£24000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits|
- Materials Development Engineer- 3D Printing
This unique role will give you the chance to work with the worlds most advanced industrial 3D printing solutions technology. Based out of an expanding research facility in Nottingham you will work on the coordination and testing of new materials (powders and printed fluids) for the development of future technology. This technology has the potential to revolutionise the way companies look to use 3D printing in volume manufacturing.
The company have grown quickly and now have a partnership with a world leading 3D printing organisation which will accelerate growth. They have managed to retain a culture of innovation within a small but expanding workforce, where each individual has a major impact on the future of the company.
You will play an important role in the development of test equipment, processes and data gathering. This will include powder characterisation, printed fluid characterisation and the measurement of properties and parts manufactured by industrial 3D printing.
Some of the day to day responsibilities will include:
- Conducting day to day running of manufacturing and testing equipment in the lab.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to support development and testing activities.
- Selecting and testing and reporting potential new materials for the business.
- A degree or PhD within a relevant scientific or engineering discipline with experience of working with materials development within a research or industry environment.
- Any exposure to powder bed fusion based additive manufacturing or powder testing would be a great advantage but not essential.
- An understanding of SolidWorks, AutoCAD or Materialise Magic Software would be desirable.